New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some new WC strings for the old 2003 Mathews Outback. Well the UPS truck was here early today, and I stayed home to walk kids to school. Spent some time in the basement with the tools. New string is on and WOW.... The old girl still has it. My dad shot the bow for a few years and has switched to the crossbow, so now she is back in the stable. I still have some work to do with getting it dialed in exact, got the Quest Hammer (2012) for opening weekend. But the Outback should be going good in a few weeks. I have a Spot Hogg Real Deal on order so far, and probably a QAD HDX by the end of the day.

Goes to show that newer is not always better.

And yes, this is a bored post.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
My cousin has a Hoyt that is at least 15 yrs old. He maintains it properly and its still smooth. By the way he has a wall full of 150's with his dinosaur bow lol

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Spent some time in the basement with the tools
Best tool in the room lol.I can relate,there's so much more to hunting than the worth of your gear!GOOD for you.Some thing's money can't buy,dad memories,priceless enjoy her this season [up]Still using the compound I bought in 1999 from ray's,with a tear in my eye,hanging up the recurve.Still kept the line's just extra complicated thingies lol....................... My Hoyt Aspen 003.jpg .................... HOYT ASPEN.....

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I like when bow deer season comes around guys that dropped a grand on a new bow 2012 or 2013 want to sell it and buy a new in 2014. The economy must be good.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
I like when bow deer season comes around guys that dropped a grand on a new bow 2012 or 2013 want to sell it and buy a new in 2014. The economy must be good.
makes em better like a 14 handicap with new ping's [rofl]

Reactions: NJ Predator

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.....Yea I know it's like the bow in this story "OLD"

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Have half dozen NEW bows, yet still seem to find my 1995 Mathews MQ1 in my hand as much as any of the modern day screamers.
It and my hoyt Alphamax's are def the go to bows.
The hoyt Alphaburner while faster . just a few notches behind

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some thing's money can't buy,dad memories,priceless enjoy her this season [up]
I bought this bow new in 2003, then gave it to my dad in 2006 when I bought my first custom longbow. Now my dad gave it back being he is with the crossbow. I think that makes it a bit more special to use again in the field. We both got a lot of deer with this rig along the way, and some decent bucks.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
My Switchback is going on 10 years old, and I'll never give it up until it falls apart in my hand. Its the best shooting compound I've ever picked up. No need to buy a new compound for years and years to come

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I try to upgrade equipment every 5 years .I do get tempted when new stuff comes out though .Some of them older bows like my Darton Maverick that my son still uses work well .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts