New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for some permits about a month ago. I was told by one of my references that he got the letter from the State Police on Friday. I just called my other reference, and he hasn't received anything yet. How long should I wait until I inquire about this, and who should I contact, local or state PD?

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
call the people you submitted you paperwork through. they normally send out both letters at the same time. Maybe they had a problem with the address you provided..not sure but give them a call, cant hurt.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
I heard from some people , even on this site that sometimes they don't send out both or any.
interesting...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The last time I applied for a permit was in January in Maplewood. Those permits took 6 months to arrive. West Orange PD just called me and told me that my new permits are ready to be picked up. It took them only 7 weeks.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
There should be some type of forfeiture clause in these background check/character reference laws. If the proceedure is not completed within a reasonable amount of time the application should automatically go through. After all it is a constitutional right. Don't bother writing your NJ senators though, they're both D words.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.