New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had Craig in from Ohio to try for some tog today. Matt and Jimmy rounded out the crew.. Had pretty good bite first thing on white leggars with Craig catching on fast and Jimmy putting on a clinic. Bite slowed then I got them chewing on my spot and started weeding the keepers through the shorts. Limited out on keepers and threw about half dozen keepers back for another day before the bite shut off. Nicest tog was Jimmys pulling the scale down to over 10 pounds. will post pics once Jimmy sends them to me .

·
Registered
567 Posts
It was another great day of pulling some really nice fish over the rails of the "Reel Music." [cool]

Fishing in T-shirts & sweatshirts on flat calm seas in December made it one of the most enjoyable late season tog trips I can ever remember. No icy slippery decks, no frozen fingers and toes, & no fur-lined jock strap on this run. [up]

Bringing home 23 fish over 16 inches with another half dozen releases for only 4 anglers would, could & should be enough to make anyone happy.

... and, as if the great company and fun fishing wasn't enough, we even got to see a giant bluefin tuna crash clear out of the water only about a 1/2 mile off the beach. SPECTACULAR!!! [eek]

Thanks again Hammer.

- Gr8ful

P.S. I sent you the pics just a short while ago. They weren't the best shots, but that was because I ended up in front of the camera more than behind it on this trip! ;) [hihi]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts