New Jersey Hunters banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
What park where you at in Merchantville?

·
Registered
1 Posts
first of all a BB gun is not a toy, not ever. Second, a squirt gun, the cop was way off base.

As far as six year old, I believe he can shoot with you, under your guidence, but not alone. The age for hunting is younger than 18 and I know you can shoot a shotgun at a range with an adult. The child isn't allowed to posses the fire arm.

I am not a lawyer so do not quote me, but look up the laws or get a Napen Book.
A BB gun like the Red Ryder doesn’t possess any gunpowder or explosive material. It isn’t semi automatic it’s fully lever Action. If he never got BBS and Never got anything that could be loaded into it the “firearm” is safer than a water gun. With worst case scenario he buys BB pellets and shoots someone and takes out an eye which could happen with a pencil or paper airplane. The shooting power of that gun is so weak it really wouldn’t hurt anyone unless it makes contact with someone eye like any other object. NJ gun laws are just a joke at this point. Red Ryder BB gun is a toy that I have gotten shot with multiple times as a kid and left no marks. It’s glorified air soft (Which they are also trying to label as firearms now) The whole point is if a 16 year old kid walks into a 7-11 with an air soft gun or BB gun and the owners believes it’s real and then the kid gets caught and they are going to charge him with armed robbery the kids lawyer can’t say “technically the illegal weapons charge will fall though because the gun was fake” they want it to be regardless if the gun is fake or real if it looks like a gun you can be charged with illegal firearm possession without any question. There are some exemptions regarding BB guns compared to a regular firearm but it really seems to be a way to make all items that appear to be a gun to be charged as a gun if they feel like it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL STATE OF NEW JERSEY!! I remember being a kid walking around with my BB gun and the local officers would drive by the house and wave. Nowadays, they'd stop in a heartbeat to investigate. Its disgusting!

61 - 65 of 65 Posts