New Jersey Hunters banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
when i was 6 i played with BB guns, and so did most of us, on my 10th birthday i was given a pocket knife as a gift, and yes i carried it everywhere even to school, no harm done

its the rest of his story the bothers me, the mistaken ID card, and the squirt gun commet
Oh I agree with you, my dad also 'gave' me a bb gun (was his) when I was young and taught me how to shoot it etc. Problem is times have changed in two aspects (1) times change as much as we let them ... in other words to what extent do we change our behaviors to conform to what others expect (not breaking laws of course) and (2) the reality of society's view on firearms, potential for violence, recent violence in last decade and people reacting and also overreacting to it (i.e., 30 years ago bringing a pocket knife to school was no big deal really, but today in light of school violence, etc you would probably be suspended and ordered for counseling lol).

Bottomline is the OP is probably a troll, but it sparked some interesting discussions here. I still say the OP is a chick with a d***. :)

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
In NJ you have to have a F id to purchase a bb or pellet gun. The reason is because it is a firearm. You technically were letting a six year old run arround the park with a unloaded weapon. Sorry bro you are in the wrong here.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
If it was in your yard you might have been ok but being that you were in a public park you got off easy.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
the red ryder is and always has been a lever action bb gun made to look like a Winchester lever action 30.30

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
In NJ you have to have a F id to purchase a bb or pellet gun. The reason is because it is a firearm. You technically were letting a six year old run arround the park with a unloaded weapon. Sorry bro you are in the wrong here.
But thats just the point... a bb gun is a firearm? Next you'll tell me I need a pistol purchase permit for a bb pistol... oh wait, that's a law too. [wallmad]

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
the law is the law.... i mean u play with fire... ur gonna get burned... NJ is stupid but at the same time.. we live here and gotta obey

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I think you should be lucky you even got the gun back. Takeing a bb gun which does require a fid to purchase to the park makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Takeing a bb gun which does require a fid to purchase
You can buy one in New York State off the shelf, which makes sense to me. Many men have died for liberty and now we don't even know enough to protect it. Just give it back piece by piece little by little. What can we ban next? Colored toilet paper? Bad for the environment. What should we make mandatory? In home drug testing for all?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
My son wasn't alone, I was right there with him. Who would ever let a child that young or even my 8 year old out alone. I stated "We went to the park".
Yes, I have learned my lesson, it was careless and I should have thought better of it.
I still had the "permit to purchase" as well as the receipt. Why the dealer at the Berlin Mart didn't file as required is beyond me. I thought I was supposed to keep the permit with the gun; which is what I did. I thought that was proof that it was legal. I am not sure what year FIDC's or FIPD's were initiated but I am guessing it was after I purchased mine. I did a search, but can't find a timeline.
No i don't have a D**k sir. I am a Vietnam Vet and and a woman. Honorable Discharge 1974 joined delayed entry program senior year. I am married with 5 children, Colin was my only son. You guys and gals can be brutal.
I would like to know than what I actually need to get this back. No, I won't give it to my son until he's older and I will teach him the proper way to use it.
Why would the Cheif (Merchantville, NJ 08109) say that I needed a permit to get it back if that is to purchase it? After I get the permit, since I have the gun, what happens to the permit, do the police file it with all of the agencies on those copies or do I? He did say if I had an FID card I could have the gun back, but I don't. But I was under the impression that I needed one. I believe I am to be finger printed for a FID card for the gun that I already have, but at this point I am a little confused and not absolutely sure. As for what kind of BB's there are for this rifle, I honestly don't know, I don't have any.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I had read a post after I registered which said that the site was going away for some reason and needed support. I wanted to contribute because I believed this was a valuable site and just wanted to help. If I posted twice the same thing I apologize since it upset some people. I really just wanted to help, it doesn't take much if everyone helps.

I did a search on the pellets, premiums are zinc coated, hope that helps.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I still had the "permit to purchase" as well as the receipt. Why the dealer at the Berlin Mart didn't file as required is beyond me.
Berlin Mart? What is that? Is that in NJ?

"Permit to Purchase"? What EXACTLY does it say on this "permit"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I am at work, but will bring it with me tomorrow.
I am pretty sure it was the permit to purchase valid for 90 days. It hadMt. Ephraim's police chief's name and address, and my info and a seal was stamped on it with @ 5 copies.
The Berlin Farmer Market, Berlin NJ
They have lots of stores and this is still there, they sell bows, arrows clothing, guns, ammo. Haven't been ther in 20+years but the Chief did say its still there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
When the Sgt. Reilly said he had to take the gun because I was off my property he did explain why. So I asked him, "What about his cap guns?" and he said no, not cap guns either, in fact you can't even take a water pistol off your property! The reason this threw me was because at the end of the school year the kids were all a loud to bring in water pistols for the last day.
I beleive he meant it. He went on to say it is a different world we live in now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yes he said you need a permit or a FID card to get the red ryder back. But if a permit is to purchase and I already own it then what? Suppose I had gotten it from my brother in MD where its legal to purchase this item, what happens once I get it?

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
These are questions you might want to ask him in person and if you are still confused contact Evan Nappen

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
A permit is to purchase is for handguns. A NJ FPID is for long guns (BB included).

Suppose I had gotten it from my brother in MD where its legal to purchase this item, what happens once I get it?
That would be illegal. YOU could purchase a BB gun out of state but your brother can not buy it for you (unless you lived out of NJ)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts