New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have a mr heater portable buddy, it's awesome. Bring more propane than you'd think though. 1 1lb tank lasts about 4hrs.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Also the starter is a little loud so either bring a grill lighter or buy the hunting model.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I also have the portable buddy. Its pretty good. As long as you don't keep to many of the windows in your blind open. Keep some space between the ground and your blindbl for air to get in while windows are closed. Or its uck out all the oxygen in the blind. And youll pass out or worse. Just a quick safety tip

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Mr Heater hunting model can't even hear the ignition. Bring multiple propane tanks because they freeze up when it's real cold.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Never tried but you can make one for dirt cheap. Get a one quart paint can, a roll of tp and some 90% rubbing alcohol. Take tube out of the tp roll, stuff it in the can and pour in the alcohol till its saturated. Then light it up, it puts off a small clean burning flame like one of them cans that caterers use to keep trays of food warm from what I've seen from the YouTube video.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Mr heater is what I got

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Dam its getting to the point why even bother getting out of the truck...put the bait pile in a field, park the truck close enough for your shooting ability, roll down the window and fire away

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Dam its getting to the point why even bother getting out of the truck...put the bait pile in a field, park the truck close enough for your shooting ability, roll down the window and fire away
I bought the heater for my kid it was 12 degrees youth day. How long to you expect an 11 year old to sit in that and have fun? I know most grown men would cry like little sissies!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Never tried but you can make one for dirt cheap. Get a one quart paint can, a roll of tp and some 90% rubbing alcohol. Take tube out of the tp roll, stuff it in the can and pour in the alcohol till its saturated. Then light it up, it puts off a small clean burning flame like one of them cans that caterers use to keep trays of food warm from what I've seen from the YouTube video.
This works very well, DO NOT use this with Methyl alcohol, It will heat very well, however you cannot see the flame and you have a tendency to get too close!!!!!!
A long time ago when we were still young , dumb and full of ???? We’d pour some on the ground light it up in front of us and call a buddy over the look on their faces when everything would get hot and they could not figure out what was happening!!![rofl][rofl][rofl]

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
When I was hunting Saskatchewan, temps tend to get pretty cold. Ive used the heater portable buddy and also the coleman sport cat which is a little smaller and tanks last a lot longer. Great for thawing out your frozen sandwich for lunch and your toes and fingers when the feeling goes away. Can make all the difference on a dark to dark sit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts