New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a range finder for bowhunting and for shotgun. What in your opion is the best to go with and if you remember the approximate price?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Woj,,,I bought the Nikon 440 yd one for my Alaska trip. Worked without a problem. I think it was $300 or so from Cabelas. Man I knew the yardage to everything in camp!:D A fun toy..

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JJoe,

even cheaper.....cabelas price

Nikon ProStaff Laser 440 Rangefinder
Item: IF-711906
Price: $199.99

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check this out..but almost adds another lb. to your bow.

Bushnell Pro-Bow Rangefinder
Take the guesswork out of yardage estimations with this handy bow-mounted laser rangefinder. The cl [no swearing please] 1 laser instantly determines distances out to 99 yards by simply aiming and pressing a button. The rangefinder is activated by a pressure-sensitive pad that mounts to the bow handle. Accurate to within one yard. Completely inaudible, it will not spook game. Easily attaches to any bow over your existing bow sight, and does not interfere with your sight. Lightweight, durable, water- and shock-resistant. Weighs only 12.5 ounces. Can also be used separately as a handheld rangefinder.
Fits: Right-Hand Bows Only.

Bushnell Pro-Bow Rangefinder On sale! Item: QS-710900
Price: $229.99
$199.99

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have the leica 900. I went to Cabelas to compare rangefinders, hoping that the nikon or bushnells would be comparable. They are not. The clarity and brightness of the Leica is so far above the others that I could not justify buying the cheaper ones. Plus, I will never feel the need to upgrade, and I am ready for when I start making trips out west.

The Leica sells for about $500, but I have seen it on the web for around $400.
If you want to try the Leica, come to the Pequest Shoot this Sunday, I will be there around 10am, and I will have it with me.

-dan

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i missed you Dan at the picnic. i guess you left before i got there. i was only there for a little while with the kids. maybe i'll try to stop by. the wife is ready to pop this weekend we think.[up]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I left pretty early, just before noon.

Can't say enough good about the leica, do some research, they come out as one of the best.

-dan

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the Nikon 440, works great. Battery life is good.Dropped it 2 times, once from the tree stand into leaves no problem. Then my friend dropped it in the parking lot. No issues.
If your at the Jamboree this weekend I will bring it and you can check it out. Let me know.
Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts