New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for ground blinds from those who live by them..budget dictates 150max

thanks all in advance

·
Registered
633 Posts
Bigger the better I have an Eastman 5ft. by 5ft. 6 ft in center. great for 2 hunters or 2kids and an adult The only other thing I would recommend is not to leave any blind in the snow it shatters the fiberglass supports which in most cases are hard to replace

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Check out sportsmans guide, they ave a lot at good prices. If you want the best and have private land Double Bull is the way to go but you have to add another 150 to your 150. Best of luck. If you can find on ebay a Primos Vision blind that is a great blind all around and roomy.

Best of luck.

SS!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I also use the Ameristep Brickhouse, plenty of room for two and big enough to draw a bow. Walmart in old bridge had them for 99 dollars last week. I think i paid a little more than that at Dicks last year.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I've had a few but wish you have spent the extra money for the double bull blind. The key w the double bull is u can adjust the opening to look/shoot thru 180 degrees without any obstructions. The other blinds have a window here n a window there
I find myself moving around a lot inside the blind to look out different windows. And some windows r too big n allow too much light in. Where black clothes when hunting in blinds, oh yea, plus orange if Huntin w a gun.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Bigger the better I have an Eastman 5ft. by 5ft. 6 ft in center. great for 2 hunters or 2kids and an adult The only other thing I would recommend is not to leave any blind in the snow it shatters the fiberglass supports which in most cases are hard to replace
Where are you located?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Get a small camo chair and sit under a holly tree or sit on a fallen down tree
Now thats real hunting.

Reactions: Hondo

·
Registered
400 Posts
Don't waste your money on an Ameristep "Dog House" blind, unless you're the size of a typical illegal alien. Way too small for drawing a bow, barely adequate if you're shooting a shotgun or ML.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Check out sportsmans guide, they ave a lot at good prices.
I bought my first ground blind for $89 from Spotrsmens Guiide about a week ago: Guide Gear® Super Magnum Spring-loaded Steel Frame Blind - 292157, Ground Blinds at Sportsman's Guide

I'm 6'4''/260 lbs and the blind has plenty of room for me to stand up and move around, though I'll need to be sitting when shooting. I'd also like to take my kids out someday (still working on that one with my wife), and there is plenty of room for another person too.

Not wanting to fumble around with the blind and directions in the field, I did a trial setup and tear down in my backyard and was able to get the hang of both maneuvers pretty easily.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts