New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES. Just got back from the range and I finally have my Omega and Bushnell Elite 3200 getting along nicely. It took a while (self inflicted problems).

I'll be shooting 2 50 gr 777 pellets under a 300 gr Powerbelt hollow point. I have the gun dead on at 100 yds and 2 inches high at 50 yds. Any hold over vitals should be deadly out to 120 easily. The two properties I am ML hunting could certainly deliver 100 yd shot opportunities as they have quite a bit of open field.

I feel like a kid before Christmas. Monday's weather looks a little sketchy but Tues and Wed look OK. Hope to finally get some points for team StuckwithJim!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drag,

Haven't decided yet but need to soon so I can pick up a permit.

41 West Amwell - nice open woods bordering corn fields with tons of scrapes and other sign. I have a couple good stand sites marked on my GPS

or

10 Pattenburg - mostly fields with very thick woods bordering. Was there yesterday and saw some rubs around the field edges. Supposedly this property is loaded with does. Didn't see any deer.

Both are earn a buck and are about an 1 hour 20 minute ride for me. I would get the ML permit for Jefferson (6) but I can't get out the 28th or 29th b/c of work. I'll probably just hunt 6 day and shotgun up there later this year.

You getting out? I'll keep you posted when I know I'll be up near you in Jefferson.

·
Registered
499 Posts
bgood i'm hunting zone 10 this year, and i'll be out the 21st, i had some property near pattenburg also, not far from the bagel store right off 78, but that piece is getting developed as we speek, but i do have a place near pittstown now, but it's small [down] maybe we can get together, i'm also shooting an omega [up]

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey gypsy,

I'm picking up my permit today for 10. It would be cool to hook up. I would invite you over to my piece but it's a no guest situation due to club rules. Maybe there's some good public land nearby we could try.

What load are you using in that Omega. I'll have 2 50 gr. 777 pellets under a 300 gr. Powerbelt. good to 120 yds. I just put a Bushnell Elite 3200 on it 1.5-4.5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts