New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
17,891 Posts
I give my dog raw chicken, deer, turkey, egg, etc. A dog's digestive system is vastly different from that of a dog's. They can handle almost anything including SHIT! He's only been sick twice, and that has been from eating another dogs poop that carried parasites. Curb your dog!

Here's a link on raw diets for dogs. This guy is great! http://leerburg.com/pdf/feedingrawdiet.pdf
I'm awaiting shipment today on some items I ordered from Leerburg.

· Registered
5,055 Posts
The BARF diet for dogs (Benefit of Raw Food) is frowned upon by many vets. A good quality kibble is better because a bit of science has gone into its creation and it's stable.

Cancer is still the number one killer of dogs and you're better off getting cooked fish into your dog's diet. Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils are healthier for the dog. A can of mackeral or sardines once a week isn't a bad idea. I have yet to find a dog that didn't like fish.

· Premium Member
12,369 Posts
how about corn oil...we use it for horses here and it makes them have less dandruff and a shiny healthy coat. not sure if it will work for dogs tho?

· Registered
6,147 Posts
My Dog gets whats leftover from supper, mixed with a little bit of dogfood. She is fifteen and still pretty healthy.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
My lab gets a table spoon of peanut butter every day or so and really does wonders for her coat. Told the vet and she told me that it is a lil dog show trick to make labs shiny for shows.P.S. she LOVES PB

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.