New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored, so I took the 10 min. ride to Rifle Camp Park, took my grunt call and rattling antlers with me. My 1st set produce nothing, so I drove to another area, within 2 mins. of rattling I see deer coming, It's a doe with 2 fawns, one is a button buck, he rubbed a tree the other fawn just ate acrons, the doe a mature fat one at that was very curious, I was grunting and snort wheezing, she came within 10yds. of me I had no camo on at all, I was sitting in a blow down. What gets me is, here I am rattling, grunting, snort wheezing with a mature doe near me, and not one antler buck not even a small one, plus she still had her fawns right next to her. When I cam out and I was at my truck, a County Mantiance guy pulled up, asked me if I saw any bucks I was like NOPE !!!! He was telling me how the bucks just aren't rutting like we would think they would this time of year. Also he showed me some big rubs, that weren't there 2 days ago.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Do they give you a problem up there if you do that? It is only 5 minutes from me. I should practice there. Any turkeys there to practice on?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't bother you at all, and yes there are lots of turkeys there.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I may have to go over there.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mpemt24: let me know when your going, I'll meet you there

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I am working now. It will probably be some afternoon next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts