New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will admit that yes I am a weekend warrior. As much as I would like not to be, living around these parts just mandates that we work more than we can fish and hunt. Be that as it may, I still managed to spend some quality time with my son and friends this weekend. We were even able to put a few fish in the boat. Clams and bunker was the flavor the fish liked at several spots through out the reach, and my son seemed to think we did OK because we brought Twizzlers to munch on between fish. I was just happy to be able to enjoy the day with him;)
So that's my weekend report,
Over and out.......

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Good fish V...Who is smoking that corncob pipe? I couldn't get out this weekend.:(
How old's your boy? My little guy is 5 and loves the boat.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. The offer is still open if anyone wants to hook up. My little guy is five and has been going out with me since he was three. I feel it's important to keep them involved. It is tough to keep them entertained when the fish aren't biting, so you have to use your imagination to keep things fun. That corncob belongs to a good friend of mines father, he couldn't make it out, but we hope he can soon.
Thanks again.
P.S. JJoe if you want to do a father son trip let me know.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Nice fish looks like you guys had a great day. Nice to see you got the little guy out. My son is 6 and he lives for hunting and fishing my 4 year old daughter is the same. One day we should get together do some fishing.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hkdonfishin, that would be great. I think flukin is the best for the little guys. We always catch fish, and they nevewr get tired of playing with the killies. Let me know if you want to go.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Sounds good thanks for the invite. I would be glad to exchange a day out on the boat for a day out hunting on my property. My kids live in another state I only have them 30 days in the summer and 30 in the winter so It would be just me but we will talk. Shoot me an email im in the directory.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
When the fishin' and weather are bad, break out the portable dvd player!!!

This works good V..Keeps him happy and occupied when he gets board.
Thanks for the offer..:D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great idea!!! I was a little worried the Gameboy would wind up in the water:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
My father and I are looking for a striper trip. Send me an e-mail and we'll try to put something together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts