New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Sykk physh out of Keyport for a Scouting mission for the Striped ones.. After seeing Matt, Doug and Scrubby all out on the water. I proceeded to GK to see if any bunker were around. After a hour of watching the commercial guys struggle with finding bunker and saw no life in the harbor. I heading to a few spots.. I decided to clams for a hour with a few run offs then pull the hook up and had a fun day!.. The bay is pretty packed with Schoolie and cookie cutter stripers.. a majority of the fish are in the 25-27" range with a ton of rat size stripers. I managed to pull up 3 keepers 33", 34, 34 3/4". I kept one for the table and grill.. Amazing how many boat were on the water..

Thanks to Hammer for snapping this pic

NJbestbirdog sorry I didn't get to see your post until 330am

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
NJbestbirdog sorry I didn't get to see your post until 330am
No worries. Was out late at the Devils game the night before, so my girl kinda made me sleep in anyway. I'll be down in Belmar most weekends, so with a days notice I should be able to get up early and get out with you.

I got a call from someone Saturday afternoon saying, "I saw that guy who catches all the stripers towing his boat" and before he said the name I already knew he was talking about the Sykk Physh [up]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.