New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started things a little slow on Sunday but the afternoon was non-stop action. We picked up only one bluefish off the West Bank and then moved south of the Reach Channel for non-stop action We caaught and released about 20 bluefish and a few b [no swearing please] including this twenty pounder which also was RELEASED!!!!
Clams, bunker, and bunker spoons all were the ticket for the fierce frenzy.
That's it for me.
Over and out!!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nice fish!

Did you fish the tournament?!?!?!?!?

My buddies were out there in the red/white 31' Scarab w/T-top trolling bunker spoons all weekend.

They caught some nice Stripers, and I think they took 2nd place in the tourney.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I wasn't in the tournament. I know that what you hear on the VHF radio needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but I heard several reports of 35"+ stripers that were caught. I can definetly confirm that there are bluefish all over the place!! It didn't matter what you threw at them,they would bite it....

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
great fish venisoneater...I cant wait to get my boat out on the water...I just havent had the time yet...havent tried bunker spoons yet but i do like to troll stretch 25s every now and again and i seem to get some good results. oh well, i will see you out on the water...i have a 19 foot mako cc with a 150 merc.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually monitor Ch.68 or 72. Name of the boat is "FOR DAD" 24' Boston Whaler cc. Where are you from?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
We (my dad and I) had our first trip of the year on Friday in the wind and rain. We ran up the reach (we keep the boat in the Atantic Highlands Marina). We were going to dunk clams but with the wind against tide we decided to troll shads. We caught about 10 blues to 10lbs and one 36" bass. We are hoping to get out this weekend. I usually scan 68-72 and our boats name is the MissyK though we don't have the name on the boat which is a 23' World Cl [no swearing please] Kat CC. I wouldn't mind hooking up sometime and we are always looking for company. In fact I would rather bring someone who hasn't caught a b [no swearing please] along to catch than get one myself.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Jeff, I didn't even know you snapped that one... I bet that blue is real sorry he went for that bunker spoon!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts