New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes you just have to buy a gun. Yesterday was one of those days. I picked up this GSG (German Sport Gun)-5 in .22LR yesterday. Took it over to Shore Shot Pistol and checked it out. The trigger pull is longer than I would like but its very smooth. With ammo prices the way they are I figured I needed something in .22 so my wallet doesnt get raped everytime I want to goto the range. This gun is alot of fun and you definately get some looks at the range with it. Heres a few pics the target was rapid fire from about 13 yards.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice vinn Last time i was at kislins i was going to buy one
Ya I went there for 9mm and end up with that...good price though compared to shore shot and brick armory..ill let you check it out next time we go or maybe in the yard after we finish the electric:D

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
njgunner...I own one also. Fun .22 and they are well made, worth every cent. There are allot of aftermarket tricks for it out there, similer to an AR style weapon.
If your not aware, they are a copy of the HK MP-5. Erogonimacly, functionally, weight/balance and yes the trigger are exactly the same as a MP-5, some parts interchange. All the M&P forces that use MP-5's train on the GSG-5 for obvious reasons.

I wanted a military style rifle, but could not justify an AR in .223 for puching holes at the range. When a friend showed me his GSG-5 I had to have one.

Look for some of the short 10 round mags that come with the pistol version, they work better than the bananna clip for bench work but can be hard to locate.

I have a slim forearm on mine, push-pin kit, picatinny rail, mil-dot electronic sight, bumper for the slide and a slide on pachmayer rubber grip for the pistol grip.

Check the linked site and ebay, as well do a search on the internet, lots of ways to trick it out. also check out you-tube for GSG-5. Link for accessories

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
njgunner...I own one also. Fun .22 and they are well made, worth every cent. There are allot of aftermarket tricks for it out there, similer to an AR style weapon.
If your not aware, they are a copy of the HK MP-5. Erogonimacly, functionally, weight/balance and yes the trigger are exactly the same as a MP-5, some parts interchange. All the M&P forces that use MP-5's train on the GSG-5 for obvious reasons.

I wanted a military style rifle, but could not justify an AR in .223 for puching holes at the range. When a friend showed me his GSG-5 I had to have one.

Look for some of the short 10 round mags that come with the pistol version, they work better than the bananna clip for bench work but can be hard to locate.

I have a slim forearm on mine, push-pin kit, picatinny rail, mil-dot electronic sight, bumper for the slide and a slide on pachmayer rubber grip for the pistol grip.

Check this site and ebay, as well do a search on the internet, lots of ways to trick it out. also check out you-tube for GSG-5. Link for accessories
Mike post up some pics and thanks for the link. Have to tried cutting out some of the plastic to make a 10 round mag hold 15?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I'll post some pics in a day or so, don't have any handy, need to snap some.
I tried basic standard velocity CCI to the high velocity stuff as well as some of the imported target grade ammo, it sucked it all up and spit it out as well.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried basic standard velocity CCI to the high velocity stuff as well as some of the imported target grade ammo, it sucked it all up and spit it out as well.
I was shooting CCI HV today it all cycled fine. I might upgrade the front sight and do a rail system with forward grip in future.....Trigger upgrades interest me more but the gun is fine for now..how often you disassemble it and clean it? Looks like a pain in the a$$

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
how often you disassemble it and clean it? Looks like a pain in the a$$
By strip it I assume you mean remove the bolt and clean it. Each time I shoot it. I pretty much shoot my flintlocks 95% of the time so it's not that ofton. Taking the bolt out and cleaning as the manual suggests is a piece of cake, not as easy as my flintlocks, but then I haven't seen a modern weapon that is easier to clean than a flintlock. My friend who owns a couple of AR .223's and the GSG tells me the GSG is easier to clean if that gives you any idea. I have the Otis cleaning kit which works great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.