New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 3 of 21 Posts

· Banned
7,915 Posts
did know benchs where every where you hunt.... I mean I don't shoot off of a bench anymore, because I do hunt from a bench.. Benches are for holding my other stuff. I shoot freehand, a branch, the side of a tree, setting down on the ground, I set on the seat of the benches and hold freehand. I like to shoot the way I hunt. I find it better for me in the long run.

· Banned
7,915 Posts
MG = when testing new ammo or reloads - you want to make sure every load is consistent.

Bench rest is the best way you can determine whether you have reloaded accurately.

Not speaking for others, but in my experience, after load is determined accurate/consistant, I'll work on off-hand, prone, limited rest, etc...

Many fire-arm hunters make the mistake of not using the bench-rest before sighting in.
Dude I know that, I'm not that dumb.... well ok sometimes maybe.... I used to do my own reloads. Now it's just muzzleloader, Black Powder, Cap, and Ball & Patch.

1 - 3 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.