New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been there yet? Thinking of heading over in a while to shoot some dusty guns.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I haven't been but a few friends are members and love it.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Just heard about it this weekend. Pls give us a report ducati. Thx

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried calling but no answer[confused] Anyone know if the range is open today?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Someone should answer...[confused]. If open..

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Website says normal business hours today, but no answer. It's not that far, I'll just take a drive.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have been there, it a great pistol range! Big selection of guns in stock, and very cool owners and employees!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Friends have been there and one just purchased a gun from them. Was suppose to go with them tonight but feeling under the weather.

Here is the website

http://www.rtsponline.com

Mon-Wed 10-8
Thursday 10-10
Friday 10-8
Sat 10-6 Members Early8-10
Sun 10-5 Members Early8-10

961 Rt 10
Unit 10F
Randolph, NJ 07869

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just left there it was packed. I had to wait an hour and a half . Nice people. Nice range. Little exspensive if your not a member.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just left there and didn't fire a single round. Not the place for me.

REVIEW
First of all, many of you here know me. Many of you know that I have never knowingly made any false statements. I always try to look at everything from both perspectives and give an honest account of my experiences, good or bad.
As I walked in the first thing I noticed was the spacious and clean/neat appearance of the place. There where a lot of vehicles parked in the lot so I expected a very long wait. There were 2 employees/owners? carrying sidearms. One of them noticed me and asked if he could help. I told him that this was my first time here and wanted to use the range.
He said hold on, then handed me a few forms to fill out. He then said he needed to see my drivers license and my FID card. I asked why the FID and his reply was;
"it's the law".
"Excuse me?" I said, "it's a purchaser card, I just want to use the range"
His reply was; "Well, how did you buy your guns without it? You need one to buy firearms here in NJ"
I said; I could have easily bought them out of state"
Then another customer chimed in about the stupidity of NJ laws etc. and the store owner put in his .02 cents as well. As they did the typical gun store "bs law dance" I looked over the forms he handed me. All 6, yes SIX pages to fill out. http://www.rtsponline.com/downloads/files/Range%20Forms.pdf
I wish I saw that before I drove there.
I said "what do you need all this information for?"
Again, his reply was "it's the law".
"No it's not, please stop telling me it's the law".
He went on to explain to me how being a business owner and having a state of the art facility, and how NJ is so litigious, yada yada yada.... and on and on.
I let him go on then said; "Your lawyers gave you good legal advice, but it's not the law"
To that his response was "It's the law when you own a business in NJ"
Now I didn't take him literally, but his constant misrepresentation of the law to justify this overkill of securing a waiver and private information was down right annoying.
I filled out the paperwork, then he said "You just need to watch a safety video, oh, and I need to take your picture too"
WTF??? I said "Really" Thinking he was just joking to ease the tension, but he wasn't. I walked over to the computer and was so annoyed while looking up at a 10' x 12' American flag after just going through this nonsense.
He said, "C'mon and smile. It's almost over, now you can join."
I said "Never, this is ridiculous"
He then handed me my paperwork and said; "You have 2 people waiting ahead of you, have a nice day".
The "have a nice day" was mechanical and sarcastic.
I said; "The sarcasm isn't necessary, nor appreciated"
He muttered something else after that, but I had decided to just leave. What a painfully obvious reminder of how un-American we are becoming.
In his defense, I'm sure he paid lawyers a ton of money just to open a range and advise him of what he should do to protect himself, but I refuse to be a part of it.
Looked like a nice place, sorry I can't give you guys any more info on the actual facilities, but that was my personal experience. Oh well.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Join Cherry Ridge Range. You have to go to one Sunday orientation. Filled out a few forms, not too long. I have been there a few times and it's been empty mid week. Met a couple of nice people there too. pistol range, 100, 200 yard ranges, skeet range and an archery range. All outdoor.
http://www.anjrpc.org/?cherry_ridge

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I pass Cherry Ridge everyday on my way to Vernon into NY, but I'm on the wait list at Shongum. Been on the list for a year. Hopefully my number comes up real soon.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I wanted to check out that range. But based on what Ducati said about the what the "laws" are lol and the forms to fill out and the photo taking. What a bunch of crap!

Thanks Ducati for checking it out for us.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts