New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only get one day a week to hunt, saturdays, I dont know what to do its raining on and off, very windy, looks like the smart thing to do is stay home :( [down][down]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I WISH it were only raining on and off. It's pouring here and isn't letting up at all. Today is a washout. [down]

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
same here guys i dont know what to do. go out get wet and see some deer "maybe" , or stay home and bore my self to death.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
the rain stopped me from going camping this weekend. thats $40 down the drain and another year i have to wait to go camping!!! [down] [mad]:(

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went out anyway, saw mr buck with my own eyes, did not have a shot at him, I gotta be somewhere but I'll post the story later, was awesome even though it was wet.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Man i want to get out. just looked at the weather channel again. doesn't look good at all.[down][mad]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I went out this morning... I should've stayed in bed. I got soaked walking to my location, and then it basically poured like hell for almost 4 hrs straight. This blows!!!!!!!!!! [mad] [down][down]

Now, the only question is, do I go out this evening? I don't know. It's supposed to keep raining all day.

David

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I went out this morning... I should've stayed in bed
Ya think?!?!?! ;):p

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
my friend called from toms river. he wanted to come up to hunt this afternoon. he said it's not raining hard there. up here it's pouring!!!! so he's staying home. it'll stop for a few minutes then it'll open up again. i just wish it would have done this during the week not weekend.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, after debating, pacing my house, pacing my yard, writing that rain sucks on here, I drove to my spot, sat, waited for the rain to let up.

Brought my climber because I found a new tree I would like to check out Mr. buck from. Used a few tricks Tommy taught me to try and get mr buck to show his rack. After 2 hours of sitting in a tree with on and off downpours, I heard a little noise and saw Mr. buck 60-70 yards in my bait pile. He never saw me, but the rain started coming down big time, a few thunder sounds (could have been my heart pounding out of my chest, Ill never know) , and he slowly walked back into the heavy cover.

At that point it felt like I was thrown into a swimming pool, so I came down from the tree and went home. Most exciting day I've ever had in the woods yet.

Its nice putting work into a spot and actually seeing a buck like that. Amazing thing I found out is my 1 year old climber from walmart has a weld / piece of tube metal shearing from the area where the cable meets the stand. Looks like if I stayed in the stand all day it might have fallen apart on me.

I guess thats what I get for buying a stand from walmart. Now I need a new climber, might check out one of the summits you guys are always talking about.

·
Registered
942 Posts
summit....[up]That's awsome Den that you got to see the buck that you got pic's of...Hopefully pretty soon you will be doing before and after pic's:D

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My day will come, I know it will, I just have to be patient and persistant, Ill trick him one of these days!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts