New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Take your tree umbrella and put on a fleece-You'll be fine. Just make sure you wait for the up-close and personal shots so you have no tracking to do. Rain washes away the sign very quickly

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Saturday: A chance of showers, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Light northwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
for the record the brandy is used to get the deer drunk they are alot easier to shoot when they're stumpling around that way i don't have to put down the crack pipe to get a decent shot [ko]

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
flask of blackberry brandy
Alot of guys will probably freak out over that comment, but my grandfather and all the guys at deer camp when I was a kid used to do this. NObody thought it was a big deal then, I guess guys are a little more sensitive these days? I will even partake in a little brandy at deer camp during long sits.

Dont get me wrong, no one is advocating hunting while being drunk, but a little brandy isnt gonna get you drunk.

I guess my point is, my grandfather and the other old timers at deer camp never felt the need to exaplin themselves, so maybe bu la ia diesnt have to either[up]

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Alot of guys will probably freak out over that comment, but my grandfather and all the guys at deer camp when I was a kid used to do this. NObody thought it was a big deal then, I guess guys are a little more sensitive these days? I will even partake in a little brandy at deer camp during long sits.

Dont get me wrong, no one is advocating hunting while being drunk, but a little brandy isnt gonna get you drunk.

I guess my point is, my grandfather and the other old timers at deer camp never felt the need to exaplin themselves, so maybe bu la ia diesnt have to either
[up][up]

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am right there with ya Bu la. Blackberry Brandy is just as important as bringing scent blocker. A little bit goes a long way.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts

I guess my point is, my grandfather and the other old timers at deer camp never felt the need to exaplin themselves, so maybe bu la ia diesnt have to either
I remember my first swig with the older hunters in the wee hours before heading out into the snow covered woods. Then you knew you were accepted as part of the gang.[patcheye][up]

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Nothing wrong with alittle brandy or anisette in the stand.. i dont do it,but my family always did ...

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[up][up]

07840 Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.[up]

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
I am right there with ya Bu la. Blackberry Brandy is just as important as bringing scent blocker. A little bit goes a long way
[hihi]

blackberry brandy is good on cold sits warms ya up quick...im not a hater...theres guys who go to a bar for lunch and have a couple beers then go back for afternoon sits i guess not everyone can be PERFECT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.