New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a light, warm rain gear to be used in the PA rifle season?

Usually for cold mornings and wet chilly afternoons.

I have had people suggest motorcycle suits, from tog, etc..

3X sizes... :)

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
cabelas rain suede is good stuff. Hopefully we wont have to worry about rain this year. last few years have been good but I remember a few years ago it was a warm soaker. terrible hunting.

Reactions: ducati

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I used the cabelas suit on Alberta bear hunts in spring. It could be warm one day n snow the next. It worked well n was quiet

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
Louie if you want good rain gear your gonna pay for it bud. The absolute best rain gear I have is my police motorcycle rain gear. Beats any of the 3 hunting style rain suits hands down but it's really expensive. There are some decent rain suits out there but expect to pay in the $300-$400 range for something that lasts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I just purchased cabelas rain suede. Haven't used it yet, but have heard nothing but great things. I am very pleased with the quality of them as well

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree. You get what you pay for. Rain gear is like good glass (optics). Don't balk at the price because staying dry and warm will keep you on stand longer. I can't recommend a certain brand but do your research. I would however recommend something in Gortex.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just purchased a nice new umbrella for my stand. I was in PA a few years ago in all that rain and it worked great. You still have to wear your raingear but, it definitely helps.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
I shot a nice 8 while the rain was hitting my tree umbrella. I stayed dry and warm all day and the Deer thought nothing of it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I found it better to just buy a blind,hell some blinds are cheaper than rain gear ! I have a blind up on private property in Indiana County Pa and a tree stand. If the weather forecast is rain or snow I go to my blind. No more hunting in the rain for me. A small propane heater,Heater Buddy are good for the cold. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
Tree umbrella[up] Cheap noisy rain jacket under an outer layer will make it quiet if you are moving around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts