New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon while sitting in my stand, I saw a fox come to the bait and crunch a few kernals of corn. He appeared perfectly innocent, so I let him walk. Shortly afterwards I heard the property owner come out and feed the chickens and cats. After she went in to her house, I saw the same fox run across the horse paddock right to where the house cats were. Then all hell broke loose. Apparently the cats were losing cause they came running out of the barn like a streak of SH*T ! About 10 minutes later, out came the fox, down the trail towards my stand. When he crossed the bait this time, I was at full draw. I stopped him with a few squeaks. The arrow pinned him to the ground, instantly killing him.
I normally don't shoot them, but when they start hitting the chicken coops and going after the house cats in the daylight ( dusk ) then they they've " gone off the reservation " and need to be stopped.
Judging from the color, I believe he is a silver Fox. I think the reds have more red on them. This guy does have alot of red on him, but it's from the 3" exit wound.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Oh you just look for reasons to shot things out of those sky scrapers you sit in!:p

Just joshin'. They are gone when people start lossing chickens. Like a dog I gave to my sister (choc lab and cocker mix)she took out 1/2 the neighbors chickens that he was keeping for his mom while she was in the hospital or nursing home.. OH MY! Sadie got a trip out of town to my brother's in law's sister. Made that dog a lap dog.LOL

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
nice job. I usually enjoy watching 'em walk around...a bonus of being a bowhunter is you get to see a lot of things nobody else sees in the woods...

but when they start going after domestic animals and somebody's pet..sorry, time is up.

(oh wait-that happens with bears,too, doesn't it?!)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I thought the red and the grey were the same animal. They have different colors like black bears.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts