New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably the 1,000,000 Post about Rage Broadheads. But I Really need to know what you guys think of them. Not this year but next year I think I might try the Rage, 2 Blade, 100 Grain Head.

Now, I no people say that, "they dont open up if you hit the shoulder" anyone ever have this problem? [confused] And what do you prefer the 2 or 3 Blade? I think the 2 is nicer. Any opinions? [confused]

And say if your shooting 55lbs would they open up? I hear people say you have to shoot a certain weight. I would hate to buy them and have them Malfunction.

Thanks, NJ.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I have never had a problem with them and recovered every animal because it fell within sight. I would use the new 40lb KE rage 2 blades if you are shooting 55lbs. They are 1.5 inch cutting diameter and the blades are swept back more. They were designed for lower poundage bows.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Im looking forward to seeing what the 3 blades does for me.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
If you are even concerned about having a problem, and someone else confirms they had a problem, is it worth the risk?

one "ahh sh!t" at the wrong time and you'll be regretting it...

I use Thuderhead 100's and never had a problem...

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Lets just say a Mechanical don't open up does that mean you can't kill the deer? What type of pronblem do you think you could encounter?

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Rage Rule I shot 2 deer with them last year I watched them both drop. If I did not have 7 brand New Muzzy's in the garage I would buy more Rage..

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Lets just say a Mechanical don't open up does that mean you can't kill the deer?
Agree that it doesn't mean that.

What type of pronblem do you think you could encounter?
No penetration? Wounded deer? No recovery? Heard it happening with the Rage. Check previous threads. Was a heated debate.

Heard good shots with a fixed become losers with a mechanical.

No experience with that problem here, I stick with fixed based on others'experiences.

Kind if like learning from the Bible, ain't it Cat?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Tried them and had one open in flight thank god it was at a doe and completly missed the deer. Went back to my proven 85 gr wasp TNT's

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
100grn 2 blade...62lbs....15yds quartering away. I know I've posted this pic before but it's a great example and I purposely took it to show the hole. I've shot over a dozen deer w/ them and no problems even a shoulder shot(only one I had to track) He went about 100yds and dropped.But I also understand what your doing, I'm gonna try shooting 100 grn muzzy's just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Save your money.
Muzzy 3 blade 100grain. Bone crushing. Big enough hole. Easy to replace blades. Did I mention you get six Muzzy for the price of three Rage.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
damn mrfyslaw thats a serious wound. Im going to try Rage 2 100grain this year I was told to just make sure they are in the closed position when I take the arrow out ofmy quiver

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
I have never had a problem with them and recovered every animal because it fell within sight. I would use the new 40lb KE rage 2 blades if you are shooting 55lbs. They are 1.5 inch cutting diameter and the blades are swept back more. They were designed for lower poundage bows.
[up][up]

i wouldnt get the three blade rage they had a recall on them that they werent opening.

2 blade. i love them and watched every deer fall except one.

i did hit right through the shoulder of a deer an found it 50 yards away.i found the tip sticking in the other shoulder.

but do remember if you are shooting 55 lbs,you should get the lower kenetic energy heads. they came out with these for a reason.

like everything else though everyone has there opinions. this is just mine,and my experience

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
just make sure they are in the closed position when I take the arrow out ofmy quiver
thats a good tip....when you store them keep them open tho. what happens is when you store them closed the O-ring dry rots w/the blades indenting them, and they break. After the season I take the O-rings off and they come w/extras too. The reason bowhunter444 prob opened b/c the blade will stay in place temporarily but if the O-ring is no good when you shoot it'll open. I've also shot them opened just to see what happens and it really didn't effect my shot at 20yds but at 40yds it did open my groups from about a 3" to a 6"

1 - 20 of 102 Posts