New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using the Rage 2's this year..I was told to just make sure they are close when the arrow is taken out of the quiver. What are the extra rubber O rings for in the pack? I see they are a part of the broadhead but I dont see the purpose they serve.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Vinny, They are replacements for the ones on the head that keep the blades closed. Use them if the one on the head breaks or is worn. You get them when you buy replacement blades also

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Just wait until they don't deploy and bounce off your target.
wwwwwwwhhhhhhhooooooooo becomes oooooohhhhhnnnnooooo!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
no the rear of the blade has a lil notch in it and kinda clips to the o ring when u slide them up the when they expand they act as an shock absorber if u hit bone and such

·
Registered
661 Posts
i thought the o-ring is supposed to stay where it is when you originally take the broadheads out the box? at the bottom of the broadhead??

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i will only use rage cause i dont think they have a design flaw as the other expendables do the oring isnt that tuff that they wont open i kinda worry about them opening in flight

·
Registered
661 Posts
i cant imagine them opening in flight they are locked into the broadhead and would need some pressure at the top to open.. Dont you think?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
no the rear of the blade has a lil notch in it and kinda clips to the o ring when u slide them up the when they expand they act as an shock absorber if u hit bone and such
i thought the o-ring is supposed to stay where it is when you originally take the broadheads out the box? at the bottom of the broadhead??
they will eventually wear out and not hold them if the o ring is not replaced when it gets crappy
WTF...
Way too much room for error. I'll stay with the fixed. If the blade is sharp it goes through.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
thats the truth and thats how i felt till last year when they cam out i shot them at my targets first borrowed a buddies and i like them i wouldnt be cuaght dead using any other expendables. on the three blades the oring is down on the bottom sorry if i confused you at one point

1 - 17 of 17 Posts