New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
You will see raccoons during the day this time of the year when they have their young. They will feed during the day when its warm enough to leave their young and that does not mean that they are sick. A rule of thumb to use is while observing their behavior, if they have an obvious direction of travel when approached and they walk or run from you, they should be fine. Shooting them just because they are out during the day is no excuse. You would kill the whole litter. Don't panic, just watch their behavior and if your unsure, call your towns animal control officer.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to whoever changed the title, I was posting in a hurry and forgot that part.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
It is not uncommon to see **** during the day. as long as they are alert or do not act drunk.

As stated before the ***** are having young right now, but most of the **** sows are with the young. most of the time are not even traveling to far from the den site. untill the young can handle mom gone for a hour or so. most of the time when eye open and can move alittle. just like a dog and her pups. I had a sow and cubs today that has not left the attic for the past 5 days.

Rabies have slowed way down thank God but there are still alot of cases out there. as the **** population grows so will the cases again.

I get alot of calls around June where the **** is sitting on top of the house at 2pm watching cars go by LOL

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
It is not uncommon to see **** during the day. as long as they are alert or do not act drunk.
I've never seen one fitting that description.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts