New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mathews Switchback with an Extreme 3 pin sight and an Alpine 5 arrow one piece quiver. I have hunted this set up for 4 years.

This year(after I lost the glue in level in the Extreme sight, and the pins were way rusty etc.. I had a new Extreme 3 pin sight installed. Here's the problem:

On the new Extreme sights, the company has taken the "purple haze" pin illuminator light and moved it from the top of the pin cage to the side of the sight bracket. This is a problem for my quiver-as the purple haze light now interfere's with my Quiver's center bars-so its realy hard to take off and put on. I detach my quiver and strap it to the tree on every sit. Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this issue?(without lossing the light or changing the quiver)

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Maybe use/get 2more black spacers for the quiver and if need be(probably) use longer thumb screw things. Or get a pc of small diameter pvc and cut to length and maybe you'll have enough thread left where you won't need longer screw things.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
A friend of mine had a similar problem and we took the smoke plastic pin protector off and put a piece of aluminum there instead. Then drill and tap the aluminum for the light. Worked out pretty good but he did re route the fibers slightly. As bright aas the fibers aer in my extreme sights I was never concerned with the light. I do have a new one with the light and luckily it clears my quiver. I assume you tried it with the sight mounted in both sets of holes?

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume you tried it with the sight mounted in both sets of holes?
Yep-to no avail.

get 2more black spacers for the quiver and if need be(probably) use longer thumb screw things
I didn't think of that-I'll try it out.. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts