New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first 5 bucks brought into my shop are mounted and drying. Within two weeks the customers will be called to pick them up. Richard G. Santomauro from http://www.rgswildlifetaxidermy.com/ in Wall NJ

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe they will help. All I get is a question for a url ?? I can't seem to get the photo to the page. ow well!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I am almost caught up I can knock them out pretty quick. But when the season really starts the normal wait is under 6 months. If I fall behind then I will hire some help. The last time I had 4-5 guys working for me and it was really busy. But I like the profession and I would'nt change it for anything.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Rgswildlife , I got a question. I'm heading to Illinois at the end of the Month. Last year while I was there I shot a nice 10 point and had it mounted out there. It was a hassle to find time to get it and shipping would have cost $275.00.(had to be in a crate)
If I shoot a buck this year I plan on bringing it home to have it done.Maybe send it home UPS.Or bring it on the plane in extra luggage.
How should I prepare the head for shipping . Should I put it on dry ice or just pack it up in double or triple plastic bags so it doesn't leak. And send it next day air.
Just wondering whats the best way to get it back without spoiling??
Thanks John

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jrhunt
Measure from the end of the nose to the inside corner of the eye, then measure around the neck just behind the ears, pull tape tight. These two numbers are needed to mount your deer. Then cape it out, split lips, turn ears and remove all meat, salt and let dry some,do not put in plastic bag unless it is frozen, then send it one day UPS on a monday or tuesday.Any questions call me at shop today (sunday)or during the week. 732-449-5950
Rich

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
luknikk
Most tanning I do myself.I have been doing it for many years and no problems. I have a fleshing machine, and that makes it easy to shave down the skin.The heavy african game, and certain game animals are sent out.

Rich

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Rich, nice mounts. I may have to save up some money for you to do one. It will be next your though when I shoot a bird over my pup.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well most of the deer are in and my turnaround time as of today is 3-4 months for deer. check out my site. www.rgswildlifetaxidermy.com

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I brought my buck to Mark Bruchell (The guy Bumhunt reccomended) in Kinnelon on 11/13. It will be ready next week. I looked at it yesterday and it looks great.

The reason his turnaround is faster is because he does his own tanning.

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
just visited the site and was impressed with the pics in the gallery...didnt find any prices on the site

1 - 20 of 22 Posts