New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I don't want everyone thinking I am some disrepectful NY'r and tell me to use common sense, but i have to ask. Is it a rule on state land / WMA that you are not allowed to walk through agricultural fields, i.e. beans, or corn? I was able to cut through one on Sunday that had some old tractor tracks withouth damaging anything, but just curious if it's a rule not to walk through them and just to use the edges.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Your not supposed to walk through standing crops, however on some wma's thestate or the farmer come to a conclusion to leave the corn standing. But this will not become evident till November pheasant season. Also some corn is left standing to dry but walking threw it wouldn't bother it as it's not for sale as fresh. You could always call the F&G to ask. where,when and if's. Also it's better to walk the edges as not to disturb the bedded or feeding deer in the corn.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I was asking since it was hard to walk some of the edges to get from area to area without cutting through the field. Does any know when they harvest beans? What month?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.