New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to run a background check on someone at work and the check came up with a charge.....(IMPROPER DISP OF CD). Anyone have any idea what this is? Basically we only look for any kind of felony or drug charges but this one is new to me...

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
I've done about 100 searches on it also. apparently you can be jailed for it and it seems a very popular charge in NJ. Just can't find any any details on it.
What are you using for backround checks? I would think they should have explanation of charges. Was his previous jobs mechanic related?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Improper disposal of a controlled dangerous substance maybe? You may have to call an attorney.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I think it might be "improper disposition of a civil dispute". Perhaps someone sued him and he never paid up.

Whatever website you used should have a help function to tell you for sure.

I ran a background check on myself using Intelus to see why my NCIS checks take several hours on a weekday and wait until Monday on a weekend. I found there is a career criminal down south with the exact same name as me and a similar SSN. Last I checked he was in jail in TX. I think they need a supervisor to approve it when I buy a gun.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Improper disposition of CDS??? Controlled Dangerous Substances....I believe when an individual comes up with the excuse that ..."I found it...it's not mine" then this would be the subsequent charge.

·
Registered
441 Posts
NJSA 2C:35-10c failure to make lawful disposition of CDS

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
It's what most Drug Charges come back from the county prosecutors office as. Just what njxbow stated, it is failure to make lawful disposition of CDS. It is what most Drug charges are downgraded to when they are sent back to the Municipal Court level. It is a D.P., or Disorderly Persons Offense, not a CRIMINAL charge. THe bottom line is, he had to plead out to the charge or was found guilty for it to come up in a check.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.