New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as you know Carla and I were up at Cherry Ridge on Sunday taking our safety tests. One of the instructors said to our group that we should all apply for bear permits even if we're not sure we're gonna hunt them. She said that the info session you have to take is packed with some great info, even if you're not hunting bear and it will help get the numbers up to show the governor there is interest in the hunt. My question is, would it be smart to go to the seminar and get a permit even though I'm still undecided about going for bear this year? I'd feel bad taking a permit from someone who is hell bent on going and doesn't get one because I was on the fence about it. Any feedback would be great. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Don't feel bad, they had many left over permits two years ago, and chances are they will have leftover permits this year, that is if this hunt takes place.

To answer your question, yes, you should apply. What the instructor told you is very true.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, great! I just sent in my coyote permit application this morning and I'll sign Carla and I up for the Bear seminar and permit tonight.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sign up it cant hurt! Also you know as well as we do when the season comes you will curse yourself for not applying! LOL

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey Jex99, I was at Cherry Ridge also. My son pasted his shotgun test. Great place, all kinds of stuff going on. Put in for your bear permit. You never know. Do you need a permit for yotes? I could of taken one last year at 20yards but I was sure of the season.
Dave

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jex, definately take the course and get the permit.
Permits for coyotes are only for the special season in February. It is for night time hunting and you must have a predator call.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes mpemt, the coyote permit is for the special season. Does anyone else have plans to go then? Does anyone even hunt coyote?

B

·
0 Posts
I have to agree 100% with the instructor who told you to apply for the bear permit[up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Does anyone even hunt coyote?
I missed one while deer hunting on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i am not sure if i am going to hunt bear this year but i put in for the permit any way. because that's what everone i talked to said to do it will make a good showing for thr gov.and cambel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts