New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like your opinions on this. I was hunting in Illinois a couple years ago and I like how they did it.

1. Small game does not start until 9am. On stocking days it gives time for the birds to spread out.
2. Daily check in. Allows for a certain numbers of hunters to start per area. After a certain time, hunters can hunt anywhere. Safer.
3. Then they check out the birds. State keeps track.

When I hunted this way I thought it was crazy. But I really enjoyed it. I think it can make for a more enjoyable hunting experience for NJ.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i think the thing about starting at 9 am sounds good. i hate it when the birds are in one area and other areas are baren...they also do the check-in and bird checking at youth day...the 2nd one helps spread the hunters and the 3rd one keeps the birds healthy...

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Birds are stocked the night before in NJ so the 9am start doesn't apply. Plus, many hunters hunt before work on weekdays so that would take many out of the game.

Years ago they did a check in system because it was very crowded. It's not that bad any more.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They birds still seem to be in the same stocked area. Any ideas on how they could be spread out more. I know they stopped putting birds in the area of Flatbrook I used to hunt. I had to move to a different area last year. It made it more crowded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts