New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for any hunter that chooses to answer. With so much distrust in F&G, why do most hunters insist on only quoting data supplied by F&G and their employees(state biologists)? Surely, if hunting is such a clear and great success you must have many more sources you can cite as proof of such. Second, again referring to the distrust in F&G. Why are hunters so terrified of a new animal management council? A council with representation of hunters, ARAs and everyone else?

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I was referring to distrust by you average citizen. Someone not so passionate about the issue. Someone that is not a hunter but also not an all out ARA. I'm sure most hunters not only trust F&G but love them for all the hunting opportunity they supply.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Sometimes I think that they listen only to their own people and not to us hunters. Like not seeing the forest cause the trees are in the way, and obviously they are under funded.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I do not want/trust any "activist" making and/or helping make decisions.... whether that be:

- my mayor
- my township school board
- my governor
- my state reps
- my congressman
- my federal reps

Same reason why I do not trust any doctoral thesis or paper written. Let's face it... you can find any answer/data that you want to push your agenda.

Personally I love animals (as do most hunters). I do not want them abused, hurt, or exploited.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok Dragthor. But activists are involved in selecting your mayor, school board, governor etc..
Plus they are tax paying citizens. Do they not deserve equal representation when a decision is made on how to utilize a natural resource?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Every time I have killed a deer I always tell the animal before I field dress it: sorry dude, had to do it to conserve/preserve/maintain the health of your species.

I am also extremely grateful that nature has given me the opportunity.

NBR - cattle/chickens and such have it much much worse lives compared to wildlife.

Freedom.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree wholeheartedly. But does that really matter to the animal you kill? Just because one has the chance to run free for awhile, does that make it's death any less horrific?

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I don't think the average citizen even knows what F&G is!!
I know cause I'm a Hunter. You know cause your an ARA.
If I saked my wife if she trusts F&G she say who's F&G? Do they have 20% off coupons to Macy's?

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol
that was good jr but you bring up a valid point. It seems to me that hunters rely on most people's ignorance to perpetuate their sport. Until recently my wife thought a Wildlife Management Area was a place set aside for wildlife to live freely and safely away from hunting.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Sometimes I think that they listen only to their own people and not to us hunters. Like not seeing the forest cause the trees are in the way, and obviously they are under funded.
i agree. people are ignorant and refuse to look at a situation from different perspectives...

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Animals do roam freely in a WMA... some die, some do not. Its is nature's way.

Kind of reminds when the liberals say "Cuba has better educated children/education system."

LOL.
What are they learning down there anyway?
LOL.

Its much better to be free and uneducated... than it is the be "educated" and not free.

B

·
0 Posts
It's not that we don't trust NJFG&W, it's the Governor and his people who takes the money that we make for F&G thur the sale of hunting/fishing licenses, equipment, etc. that should go back into the F&G account. Even the US FEDERAL GOVERMENT told the Governor of this state to stop it or NJ will not get any funding, it's called CORRUPTION. That money just isn't for the hunters and fisherman, it's for all of us. We trust the state biologist cause they are the experts in the field for animales, and they know whats best, they have done an excellent job with NJ's fish & wildlife. We have to go on science, and science says we have way to many bears, and to many deer. Im sure the tax payers don't want there taxes raised anymore but what if they went up to control wildlife, cause hunting has been banned. If there isn't any hunting the animales will spread CWD, Blue Tongue, and many other nasty things. Hunting is something that man has been doing since the day of time, Hunters aren't killers, we harvest game, we don't want to slaughter game like some would like to think, we want to perserve what we have so we all can enjoy it, hunters and non hunters. Having non hunters on the council will hinder this, cause they are already set in there ways to STOP HUNTING 100%. Hunters on the board have adjusted the harvest in areas where the deer need to be culled or that number cut back, cut back on the days or added days for hunting, so it's a proven fact that the hunters on the council are willing to work things out for the better and are not just closed minded. We hunters see things while hunting, have you ever seen 1st hand a deer limping thru the woods after it got hit by a car? very sad seen. Ever see a deer dying a slow death from starving, thats just down right gross. Hunting is the only means to control the wildlife on this great EARTH. Don't look at us hunters as monsters, we are fathers, husbands, mothers, wives, children, professionals, who just enjoy being outdoors and enjoying what GOD has given us, and here in NJ, with all the noise and people, seeing wildlife is such a great site, thanks to the HUNTERS[up]

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Does that make it's death any less horrific?
NBK - animals do not know they are dying like humans. Humans jumping from the top of the world trade center were thinking about their wives and kids before they jumped and the entire way down.

An animal at the top of the world trade center has no clue... except to try to run away and survive. Period.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Anytime I get in a conversation about deer hunting and the other person says :how can you shoot them, there so cute. I always ask , If it was an Alligator would that be ok. And most say yes. Disney made that Bambi Movie and people actually think animals have the same feeling's like Human Beings.
With all the time I spend in the woods not once have I heard a deer say, Run For Your life!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.