New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys shoot em, and how do you resharpen them? I was told they can be touched up. Thanks

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imb I love em they are night and day from my old heads.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I just started shooting G5 Tekan 2 blade expandable, and so far the are Damaging!!! the doe I got last week, blew right thru the shoulder. I thought about trying them, Shawn says the are the best he has ever used.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I tried using the crimson raptors and i dont like them at all both does i shot left little blood trail and they were both good hits so i went back to muzzys.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent any problems with the Crimson Talons as finding blood. Last year I shot a big doe and the hit was a little low I went through the breast plate on both sides. It was the loudest "crack" I have ever heard.

·
Registered
282 Posts
trying them this year, ill let you know. i used the tekans last year and i took a nice 6pt. with them . blew right through the deer and stuck in the ground, 25 yd. shot.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I love the tekans so far. I like to stick with what works for me rather than trying something new, but I might have to see what the hype is with these talons

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I used the Talons 2 years ago when they first came out...Very accurate head also very very devistating all the deer I shot with them I had great blood trails...The only thing I didnt care for was the thickness of the blades...But I think that they fixed that problem since then...I noticed that if you had the slightest bend of imperfection on the blades that it really affected the accuracy...I spent a lot of time scrathing my head wondering why I wasnt getting the accuracy that I should of been...Only to find out that I had a ding or slight bend on one or more of my practice heads...I would sacerfice a new set of blades and the accuracy was back..

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shot 2 deer late in the season last year with the talons and youre right spltlim the really are devestating. I was hoping I could resharpen them like I heard was posible.I only have 1 head left. I guess I may have to break down and buy some. It sucks they only sell 3 to a pack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts