New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scouting a piece of state land yesterday that borders private property. The tax map showed the general locations of the State vs. Private land, and I was interested in defining the border. Sure enough I found a posted line(well posted) with the signs marked "G + R Hunt." I also noticed that about 100 yards away, there was another posted property line--there was no indication on the tax map of a separate lot. I checked the second posted line, which was marked "Columbia Valley Sportsmens Club" these signs were three deep! on the ground at the base of that tree were several old metal signs that had been removed. These were marked "Saxton Falls Rod & Gun Club". It became apparent that this was all one piece of private property, and that the two sets of posted lines ran parrallel to each other about 100 to 125 yards appart.

So my question to C&R Hunt Club is this:

Did both the Columbia Valley and Saxton Falls gun clubs improperly post this property for about 2 decades by erecting their signs more than 100 yards inside their actual property line, or has C&R Hunt Club erected their signs over 100 yards from the actual property line usurping over 100 yards of state land?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
man i always have problems up there with the signs. byram club always posts on the state land. more and more every year they post further on state land.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
or has C&R Hunt Club erected their signs over 100 yards from the actual property line usurping over 100 yards of state land?
what can be done if the club is posting incorrect property lines?

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what can be done if the club is posting incorrect property lines?
Anyone on the state land can ignore the clubs posted line and obey the actual property boundary. Problem is, the State will likely do nothing, and unfortuenately, Tax maps are meetes and bounds descriptions, not GPS coordinates, so unless you take the time to convert everything, there is no real way to prove what they've done unless you obtain a full survey (about $3k) of the property line--even then the state will simply tell the club to move its signs.

This is realy not a big deal, but can be a hassel if you are over the posted line, but still on state land, as the club members are bound to harrass you-if they do, I would file a civil complaint for hunter harrassment

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Tear them down! I,ve seen property where the state Wma diamond was on the trees and torn down by some club and they posted the property 100-200 yds in from the states diamonds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts