New Jersey Hunters banner

Question about zones for deer

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  archer36 
#1 ·
First time hunter in NJ, trying to figure out how exactly the deer hunting zones work (specifically for shotgun). For archery it seems there are specific subsets of land that people are assigned to, is this the same for shotgun, or is it more of a "free for all" within your zone? The NJ reg book is not extremely clear, and before I apply for a zone permit, want to see what I'm getting myself into here. Thanks in advance for helping out a novice.

#4 ·
As stated, locate where you will be hunting on the zone map, also see the regulation set for that zone, it's all online on the NJF&G website. Buy your permit(s) and have at it. No one is assigned a subset of land within a zone, your either on private land or public.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone for the information. I think I was a bit skewed in my original post, as my friend (a bow hunter) was speaking to me about local municipal land, which is much different! I'm clear on the regs and will proceed appropriately.

Any opinion on experiences with municipal or local city land?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.