New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so guys im looking at the weather and I see its suppose to rain a decent amount and im not going to use a blind how do you guys set up for the rain and no im not afraid to sit and get a little damp but im more worried about the bow getting wet any advice will be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
stay home don't get wet, Buy 6 pack, get a good nights sleep,get up early!! deer will be on the move after the rain.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like if its pouring rain im not going to go because my luck ill get a deer and tracking will be hell but I just checked the radar and it says 60% showers in the morning but by 12 its suppose to stop so im gonna wake up and see how it is and worst comes to worst sit the afternoon thanks guys your the best

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Rain will be to heavy and forget about a blood trail. Like everyone else said, sleep in and hunt Sunday. Big drop in temps for Sunday. Im calling for an October feeding front.[up]

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
Ehh... its supposed to stop around 4-5pm. Just in time for the magic hour. Sure it'll be wet out still but the blood wont wash away. Last time I hunted in foggy weather just after a rain shower it was crazy hunting, Deer were ON THE MOVE.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea im gonna hunt the afternnon and hunt sunday also lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Or you could go squirrel hunting with me in the morning I dont mind getting wet.
where do you go id like to learn lol im serious pm me

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
TREE UMBRELLA...best investment you will ever make. Will keep you dry, one time during an opener I just sat under it and read a book while I watched other hunters get soaked haha.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
so guys im looking at the weather and I see its suppose to rain a decent amount and im not going to use a blind how do you guys set up for the rain and no im not afraid to sit and get a little damp but im more worried about the bow getting wet any advice will be appreciated thank you
crystal_ball_hands_lg_clr.GIF WAIT till tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts