New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you that have had cameras stolen try and put them in a place that they can't be seen.
Ive never had one stolen and make every effort to hide them in an out of the way place. Last year I had 1 stuck 2 feet under an abandoed car that has been in the woods for 20 years.
I was walking a property today and a guy had his camera 10 yards off a hiking trail . Thats asking to have it stolen.
Mine are in swamps, in blown down trees and other not so noticable places. I never put it right where my stand is either. Usually 50 - 100 yards away.You can never be too careful.
Its unfortunate that I have to do this but it must be done.

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Ive never had one stolen and make every effort to hide them in an out of the way place.

Sometimes you can hide them in plain sight...

This is a camera vault that's designed to look like an electrical disconnect box cleverly placed near a cental air unit alongside a commercial building. Most people wouldn't even give it a second glance, and it's wide out in the open.

Sometimes a little creativity goes a long way in safeguarding your property. ;)

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Don't the deer get spooked when the A/C comes on?
I just posted the above picture as an example of using your surroundings to help make you cam less obvious.

Here's another of a cam that was placed in a rusty drum in a field. The drum is in plain sight but conceals the valuable camera from passers-by.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I just posted the above picture as an example of using your surroundings to help make you cam less obvious.
was kidding L4B.
Good idea though, trying to hide it a bit. I think less would be taken if they weren't out in plain sight where everyone is walking right by it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.