New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a sirius radio for christmas but it needs to tune into an FM station.my question is this,do all satellite radios need to go through a FM station or do some of them just play on their own?

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
My wife just got mine working about 10 minutes ago,I think they all go through the fm station? All I know is mine works and it seems pretty good so far! [up]

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I believe they all do. It is quick and easy setup and reg. Took all of ten minutes for everything.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Is this in the car you need fm? I know my XM doesnt need it in the house.
And Howard is a whiny little girl nowadays. He sucks.

O&A!!!![up]

·
3,413 Posts
For home installations Sirius & XM can be plugged right into your audio equipment thru an aux channel.

For cars:

You need to broadcast over an FM channel

-OR-

You can have it hard wired in (best sound)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have it and almost never switch to fm radio.
better sound ,no comercials,multi choices to pick.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bloodtrails....I got the S50 what kind do you have? Do you think it's worth having the more expensive one?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Sound quality wise they will all sound the same. I think the S50 has an MP3 player built in and the ability to store streams so that's kind of cool. I have 2, a Kenwood and an EACT but they are just basic players.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the S50 has an MP3 player built in and the ability to store streams so that's kind of cool.
Yes it does,I like that too. I was just wondering if you thought it was worth it to have the S50. I think I'm going to keep this one,it's a nice one,in color and all.

Howard wannabes!!!!!!!!![down]:p

HOWARD RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... He's the reason I got sirius

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Howard wannabes!!!!!!!!!
Please O&A are so much original and funny now. Howard has been a whiny old woman for too long now.

hoo hoo "I invented everything Robin". Hes no better than Don Imus now. A guy he used to bash.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
MLB is on XM kris so is college football and basketball. I'm not sure of Nascar..

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Sirius rules! I've had it for 6 months now,I'll never go back.Raw Dog is an awesome channel and Howard is funny as hell .The music channels are great, commercal free.[up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i used to be a diehard Howard fan, but i've been done with him for a couple of years now. just the same old crap everyday. everything is about him. i just got board of him.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Howard sucks!. I'm so glad he's gone over to Sirius. All he did was B&%ch and moan and talk about the same old stuff every day. The rest of us need to follow rules in our life, so why shouldnt he follow the FCC rules? His hayday is long past!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
you only need to use the FM channel when it cannot be hardwired...in my car I use a cassette adapter for direct play...but I also use XM so it may be different...good lunk and enjoy it DBuck

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Howard Stern is KING!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the helpful info guys.I just activated it and it sounds great.

Howard Stern is KING!

Yes he is!!!!....As far as Dopie & ain't funny, I used to listen to them when they were on regular radio,that is until I got sick of Dopie's "HA HA That's funny Ant". Dopie does no more for their show then Robin does for Howard. And as far as complaining,Thats all they've been doing about HOWARD for the last 6 months. Whatever,if you like O & A then listen to them,if you like Howard then listen to him,it really doesn't matter,just enjoy what you're listening to. Got to go pick up my Christmas recliner[up]:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.