New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been throwing the idea around of getting a muzzy... What is everyone's choice?
Looking for easy cleaning and something that shoots decent but doesn't completely break the bank... From what I have seen I am probably gonna spend about the same I spend on the gun for optics.. What are the experiences out there that every one has had??

·
Registered
850 Posts
I recently bought a cva optima package from cabelas very pleased with it for my first one came with the gun scope and case

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
You will get nothing but confused by this. The major manufacturers of ML's are CVA, Thompson, and Traditions. Go to their websites and look at the various guns. Find something in your budget. They will ALL kill deer. This is a good place to look into buying. Muzzle-Loaders.com® Official Website - #1 Source for Muzzleloaders

I own a CVA Accura V2 thumbhole stainless and love it.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
Any of the new muzzys with a quick release break open breech plug should be easy enough to clean. They are definitly alot better than the old style that needed a tool.

That being said the cva optima is cheap, easy to maintain and shoots great...
put a good scope on it

·
Registered
277 Posts
I shoot a CVA optima, have for about 5 years it is a great gun. I just bought a CVA wolfe for my kid, I literally got it sighted in a 50 yards with 5 shots. It is a great little gun for the money. I would not be afraid to buy a CVA.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I got a cva wolf also, sighted in with 3 shots. My only issue I have with it is the scope that comes with it,too narrow field of veiw for my liking,so next season I will change the scope

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
TC Impact is a great entry level muzzleloader, but if you can afford it I would go with the Omega

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Palawman nailed it. Your going to get a million different recommendations but it all comes to down to how much you want to spend and what shoulders and feels right for you. I could care less if everyone swears by a certain TC or whatever. Get one with a breach for ease of cleaning. Read up and get yourself some blackhorn 209 powder. With inlines these days any 200 dollar gun can shoot just as good if not better then a 900 Dollar TC with the right load. Do some homework on what you want. You can't go wrong with a lot of what it currently out there. Good luck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts