New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If by "permanent stand" you mean something built into a tree, they are illegal on WMA land. Did you get a good look at it? There are old stands around from before the law was changed. But they are usually not in good shape and you would be foolish to use them.

If it is a "permanent stand," you can call F&W enforcement and they will take it down.

If by, "permanent" you meant a ladder or hang on stand, then what the above people suggest would be a good course of action.

Personally, I would consider your private spot if you have one. WMA spots are usually pretty crowded.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
sometimes it's hard to even get them to respond when called.I find it hard to believe they'd be actually out there taking stands down.they don't have the manpower to effectively patrol in the first place.
I agree. But Assunpink is probably the one place where you could get some help. I think the Central Enforcement office is there and it might even have a maintenance staff. If they can't get to it, so be it. I would bet though, that if you saw someone using it, they would become very interested. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.