New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, do any of you guys know the rules regarding black powder pistols in NJ? Do you need a pistol permit for them or are they like black powder rifles where you can just buy them? Also, can you shoot them at the public ranges? I have no clue, and was considering buying one, so any info would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Since, this is New Jersey, I would say you need a handgun permit. But don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Well lets look at it this way. If you need a Firearms Permit just to buy a BB gun or a pellet gun, and a sling shot is a no no. My guess or I should say you better have a Firearms Permit. This State Sucks.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Sshhhhh!

(if you go to pennsylvania, you can buy a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, 2 black powder pistols, and a black powder rifle and proceed to checkout. no nics check, no forms to fill out).

sssshhhhh! not that i would want to see anyone do anything illegal. welcome to stalag new jersey

sssshhhh! [down][down][down]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
can you purchase blackpowder firearms in pa without a nj firearms id card. Exactly what kind of ID do you need.And Are you sure its legal to bring back to NJ
It's the same requirements as buying a pack of cigarettes. You must be 18 and be able to prove it if asked. Out of state drivers licence is fine.

Absolutely legal to bring it back to NJ.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
NOOO!

my brother is a cop and a friggin walking encylopedia on gun rules (he collects them in his spare time).

You ABSOLUTELY need a pistol permit in NJ for black powder pistols.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
NOOO!

my brother is a cop and a friggin walking encylopedia on gun rules (he collects them in his spare time).

You ABSOLUTELY need a pistol permit in NJ for black powder pistols.
Close. To purchase IN NJ you need a handgun permit to purchase. To possess in your home or land, while practicing at a range and legally transporting you do not need a permit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.