New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, do any of you guys know the rules regarding black powder pistols in NJ? Do you need a pistol permit for them or are they like black powder rifles where you can just buy them? Also, can you shoot them at the public ranges? I have no clue, and was considering buying one, so any info would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Since, this is New Jersey, I would say you need a handgun permit. But don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Well lets look at it this way. If you need a Firearms Permit just to buy a BB gun or a pellet gun, and a sling shot is a no no. My guess or I should say you better have a Firearms Permit. This State Sucks.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Sshhhhh!

(if you go to pennsylvania, you can buy a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, 2 black powder pistols, and a black powder rifle and proceed to checkout. no nics check, no forms to fill out).

sssshhhhh! not that i would want to see anyone do anything illegal. welcome to stalag new jersey

sssshhhh! [down][down][down]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
SxS,

Nothing illegal about that at all. You can legally purchase all the black powder guns in PA you want and legally bring them back to NJ. You just can't mail order them into NJ.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, so I can legaly go to PA and buy one. Is there anyplace to actually shoot it, or do I have to hide it in my bedroom and only take it out to look at it?

·
Registered
340 Posts
can you purchase blackpowder firearms in pa without a nj firearms id card. Exactly what kind of ID do you need.And Are you sure its legal to bring back to NJ

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
can you purchase blackpowder firearms in pa without a nj firearms id card. Exactly what kind of ID do you need.And Are you sure its legal to bring back to NJ
It's the same requirements as buying a pack of cigarettes. You must be 18 and be able to prove it if asked. Out of state drivers licence is fine.

Absolutely legal to bring it back to NJ.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
NOOO!

my brother is a cop and a friggin walking encylopedia on gun rules (he collects them in his spare time).

You ABSOLUTELY need a pistol permit in NJ for black powder pistols.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
NOOO!

my brother is a cop and a friggin walking encylopedia on gun rules (he collects them in his spare time).

You ABSOLUTELY need a pistol permit in NJ for black powder pistols.
Close. To purchase IN NJ you need a handgun permit to purchase. To possess in your home or land, while practicing at a range and legally transporting you do not need a permit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts