New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey that Rhymes! Sorry was not very specific when starting the last thread.. NBK lets have those questions.. seriously.[up]

B

·
0 Posts
NBK: what have you done for the better of wildlife and the enviroment? (donating money isn't a answer)

In your eyes there should be no bear hunt here in NJ, with that said, what should be done to control the population of the bears?

If someone is killed by a bear who should take the blame?, if your wishes came true and the hunt was banned, should it be the state of NJ, or should it be the group who won successfully to have the hunt STOPPED?

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
exactly! ive been trying to exlain that since the arguments started...he refuses to answer to the questions cuz he knows hes wrong...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey if there is a moderator out there I would like to respectfully request that the thread I started entitled Q&A for NBK be deleted ( of course if that is okay with everyone that posted).

·
Banned
137 Posts
bowhuntercop...why should anybody be blamed if a bear does indeed harm someone. It is nature...unfortunately bad things happen sometime. If I decide to hike Wildcat Ridge and I trip over a rock and bust my leg....should I be able to sue F&W for not maintaining better trails?
I told everyone here my answer about bears...learning to live with them and strict garbage laws are proven successes. How come you assume that an increase in bear population equals an increase in problems?
In other areas of the country that has been shown not to be the case. Population went up and complaints went down.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
learning to live with them and strict garbage laws are proven successes
Question, where does this info come from?

How come you assume that an increase in bear population equals an increase in problems?
In other areas of the country that has been shown not to be the case.
Again wheres your info coming from?

Population went up and complaints went down.
In what country?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Population went up and complaints went down.
That will never happen in this state. We are the most densliy populated state in this country. WHere I hunt in Upstate NY they have a rise in thier black bear pop. But there is far more room for them and they have learned to fear humans as a threat. Jersey bears have no fear,They come and go as they please and break into houses because someone is baking,and happens to put a pie on the back porch to cool. There's the answer. Let's start building houses with no windows... We neen a hunt to reduce numbers, At the same time practice better control with the trash.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
NBK, can you show any kind of infomation to back up anything You have said here?
No he cant. I have not seen him provide 1 link to any credible source. Other anti's do not count as a credible source.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
NBK, that answered only 1 question what about the others?

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Thaaaaaaaats right...keep feeding into the anti BS. You guys are as moronic as he is.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
well keep critisizing them and pretty soon you are gonna be the one being yelled at dbuck...theyre not gonna stop just because you called them moronic..although im trying to ignore him, i just cant help but insult him...

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
well keep critisizing them and pretty soon you are gonna be the one being yelled at dbuck
LOL ...It sure the hell won't be the first time little mackie boy

·
Registered
521 Posts
i think the bear hunt will definately be a success to maintain the population but i guess NBK over here think differently [mad][mad][mad]

·
Banned
137 Posts
mystic - the state of MN has seen population increase yet complaints are down since they started an intense education and garbage control program. Also there are parts of Cali that have had the same success in similar situations. There aren't any states that over a long term period have seen a decline in problem bear complaints when that states primary tool is hunting. In fact states relying on hunting have shown an increase in problems every year.

·
Banned
137 Posts
General question....why does info from ARA sites not count yet F&W info does? Does anybody here really believe F&W is not biased toward hunting?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
mystic - the state of MN has seen population increase yet complaints are down since they started an intense education and garbage control program. Also there are parts of Cali that have had the same success in similar situations. There aren't any states that over a long term period have seen a decline in problem bear complaints when that states primary tool is hunting. In fact states relying on hunting have shown an increase in problems every year.
Bear populations are RISING in almost every state. More bears = more incidents. Garbage and education programs only build complacency. People simply don't report issues.

BTW, in MN they hunt bears. As a side note it was the BEAR Groups patsy Lynn Rogers who helped get a hunt established.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts