New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting around to putting this feeder out this sunday with a trailcam (public land). Hope it doesn't walk away:(

Thanks to GG for the idea.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
nice set up good luck[up].

ps .watch out for plumbers hunting in your area[lol]

·
Registered
545 Posts
I use feeders just like it...they are about 18" off the groud so the turkeys dont eat all the feed...i used a 5" pvc pipe with a Y connect on the bottom. Removable cap on top and a drain on the bottom of the Y so the food doesnt get moldy...they work great...i will get pic tomorrow...need to fill them up[hihi]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jk - does yours have a drain in the bottom? If not it will collect water and rot your feed.
I drilled several holes in it and onceits installed, thinking of slightly scraping the area right under it to allow for water to drain out. Thanks for checking[up]

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Looks good. I made some a couple of years ago. They are hard to keep full once the deer find them. 50 pounds of corn would go in a day or two. The deer only hit it at night because they knew it was a sure thing. The question comes up are you feeding the deer or baiting them?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
nice work [smoke][up] they do work great!corn on the ground gone in a day or 2.i have 4 of them now i fill m up every 4-5 days.mine have 2 caps 1 on each end with a hole on the bottom cap n pipe so i can adjust how much corn will fall out.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I made a similar one. Mines going out Sunday with the cam. Good luck with yours[up]

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Just a suggestion. Since your on public land someone will surely see the feeder. Then they will notice your trail cam.
I wouldn't put the feeder out. Put out some Buck jam on a log and hide the camera in an out of the way place. You have a better chance of not having the camera taken and Buck Jam works great.
I get just as many pix over the Buck jam as if I put out corn.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good suggestions guys. Maybe I will wait and hold off with the feeder now, Ill place a trace mineral salt block out and some corn on the ground along with some deercane I have while my camera is out there. Once I'm done with the camera I can always put the feeder in closer to opening day.

Great suggestions jrhunt and liquidorange, thnx[up]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.