·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do deer eat pumpkins?

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I can dump a pile of pumpkins near my bait pile and the deer won't touch them, as long as there are some chopped open on the bait pile. I get all I want from a farmer friend of mine for free. I usually get 3 pickup truck loads before he chops them up. They last a while as long as you keep them out of the sun.
Chop up a few pumpkins, sprinkle with corn and some apples, and you have a real deer buffet :D:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a parking lot in Pennsauken where a couple of guys are selling pumpkins. When holloween passes I have a feeling they will leave all the pumpkins there. I can't see them picking them all up and taking them with them. Same guys who sell Christmas trees and leave them there after Christmas Day. What could you do with all those pumpkins except trash them. No one buys them after the 31st. If they are left there, I'll take them and add them to my bait pile.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Chop up a few pumpkins, sprinkle with corn and some apples, and you have a real deer buffet
if apples are in the area! one time my dad put apples out as bait. there were no apples in the area and the deer looked as if they were afraid of the apples! he said their eyes opened so wide and the bolted! said it was hilarious to see the deer's faces! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts