New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out today to pull dowm my stands. 1 in Princeton Twp & 2 in Hunterdon. Taking my camera with me, hope to get some pics of turkeys wandering the woods in Hunterdon.

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sergeantsville - 25+ years hunting there.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Wow, you guys are pulling your stands and I'm waiting for the snow to melt to get one ready before the Poison Ivy and new growth emerge. Not to mention skeeters and ticks.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hey Bacs - I'm a Sergeantsville hunter for the past 18+ years...Maybe we can meet up sometime at the corner store at Rte. 604/Rte. 523 or The Corner Store in Baptistown for a cup of coffee and to shoot the breeze in Sept. bow season.

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bacs - I'm a Sergeantsville hunter for the past 18+ years...Maybe we can meet up sometime at the corner store at Rte. 604/Rte. 523 or The Corner Store in Baptistown for a cup of coffee and to shoot the breeze in Sept. bow season.
Or the Sergeantsville Feed & Grain Store to pick up some corn.

·
11,226 Posts
I put locks on mine! Home depot has some good cable locks! Last year my old mans lock was stabbed like a hundred times by some jerk trying to steal it! He sliced the crap out of the rubber coating but didn't do much damage to the cable at all! Don't get me wrong if someone really wants the stand all they need to do is go back with some good bolt cutters but it will stop the average momo from getting it if he just stumbles across it walking through the woods.

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Bacs - Even though Sergeantsville Grain & Feed is directly around the corner from my farm, there is a guy off of Rte. 519 North (North of The Corner Store in Baptistown) who sells corn for $10.00/100# (Sergeantsville was $12.60 for two 50# bags). If you're doing a lot of baiting the guy off of Rte. 519 is the way to go to save some money, and he never runs out. It is help yourself - just pull up to the barn, load up, and put the money in jar.

Rte. 519 N to cemetary and old church (on right) - make a right on street that runs between the cemetary and church - proceed to fork in road and bear left - make first right onto Baker Road and look for red barn on left side - pull up to barn and pick up your corn - bags of 50# and 100# feed corn.

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually get my corn from Giberson's Game Farm in Pemberton. It's $8 for about 120lb bag. Molas [no swearing please] $5 a gallon.

He has a nice set up for birds too. Pheasant, Quail, Chucker. ect.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Frankly, I'm tired of people stealing stands... I hear about it all the time. I mean, c'mon, they're not that expensive... go out and buy your own. I lost a few on public land... the bastards cut right through chains or cables to get them too.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Bacs, where abouts in Pemberton is Giberson's as My youngest lives in Southampton and I drive down there to pick him up for hunting and oher stuff.

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bacs, where abouts in Pemberton is Giberson's as My youngest lives in Southampton and I drive down there to pick him up for hunting and oher stuff.
Off of 68.

Coming from the Trenton area, I take Rt130 to the Vincent Town Dinner. Make a left at that light onto Rt 68 & it's about 5-6 miles on the righthand side of the road.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Bacs, if I was to take the turnpike to exit 7 to 206s to 68 about how far off of 206 is it, To tell you the truth I don't see where 130 and 68 meet. It looks like 68 starts at 206 and ends at Ft dix..

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bacs, if I was to take the turnpike to exit 7 to 206s to 68 about how far off of 206 is it, To tell you the truth I don't see where 130 and 68 meet. It looks like 68 starts at 206 and ends at Ft dix..
Damn it!!! I meant Rt 206 not 130!!!! Sorry for the slip up. It's about 5-6 miles off of 206.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts