New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my Georgia Sow, Slow Cooked in Bone Suckin Hot Sauce and also Louisana Red Peper Hot Sauce and Served with a Merlot . . .

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but they drink merlot?
Yes, they are permitted a very small glass of wine with dinner when I have wine, however, under my supervision and in my home only. It is when you teach children that they can not have something when they want it more and problems arrise. And in most cases, after one or two sips, their glass gets poured into mine anyway.

And njgunner, I only drink beer when I am fishing :D

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How did you cook it? Where can I get the recipe?
I took the back leg, lost one to the dawgs, and the front shoulders, along with the loins or whatever you call the back straps on a hog and put it in the slow cooker with half a bottle of Bone Suckin Hot Sauce for 4 hours. You can use any kind of bbq sauce. After 4 hours, I threw away the liquid and pulled out the meat. Then came the hard part of pulling the meat from the bones and pulling the pork, and/or cutting it from the grizzle parts. Put it back in the slow cooker with the rest of the bbq sauce, but it wasn't enough, so I grabbed two bottles of Lawrey's Louisana Red Pepper Hot Sauce and covered the meat completely in that marinade also. I put the lid back on and let it slow cook all night on low. By morning, it was done, so I turned the slow cooker to warm and just kept stiring it all day. When it came time for dinner, it was just a tad too HOT, spicey wise, for my youngest, so I took enough out for her and put it in a pot and added a honey bbq sauce to it to calm it down. Now, what you can't see is that I melted swiss cheese via the microwave to the top of my roll before putting the pulled prok onto the roll. A lot of work, but definately worth it.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Looks delish!

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Then came the hard part of pulling the meat from the bones and pulling the pork, and/or cutting it from the grizzle parts.
After removing you should wrap it in alum foil, then a clean towel or cooler for a few hours (2-3) then pull and proceed with you recipe.[tasty]

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
After removing you should wrap it in alum foil, then a clean towel or cooler for a few hours (2-3) then pull and proceed with you recipe.
That looks great MsGrit! My wife does what jerseyhunter said.. Let the meat "rest" before pulling it. Lots of work either way. She smokes the pork for 6-8 hours prior to pulling then finishing in the slow cooker with the sauce.
Your dinner is making me hungry!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts