New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend hunted some public land today and had a nice hunt. it was cold and there werent many birds but it still was nice to be out.

We didnt see anything at first light, which was weird. but a little after i noticed 2 birds dropping right into the decoys. I got up, 2 shots, 2 kills. It was one of the most perfect, text book, absolutly beautful set up's i've had in a while. of all the places for the birds to land they drop into the decoys and fell dead right in the water. (the sides of the hole were covered in thick brush and swamp plants.

I killed a beautful fully plumed pair of American Widgeon.

I got up and shot both birds before my friend even raised the gun.

It just goes to show you that if you have the equiptment, the means, the time, and the drive there are birds to be killed right under you nose. on public land

Beautful

My friend ships out in 13 days for Basic Marine Training

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Awesome.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Sweet jesus,you shot both before he even raised his gun? Well,in another few weeks he'll surely be taught how to fire on the incoming enemy a little quicker.[hihi]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.