New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a Hoyt PowerTec II, I am looking to sell it and get a smaller and lighter bow due to a shoulder injury. I was just over at Billy Bobs in Lk Hopatcong and held it and pulled it back. It is very light and small. I was just wanting to check and see if anyone has any information on or if anyone shot it or owns and if how do they like it?[up]

B

·
0 Posts
depends on what you want to spend.....for me its the Mathews bows hands down

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Switch Back, but I am looking for something a little smaller. I have only found PSE, Highcountry to carry the size and wieght Bow that I am looking for. I am a Hoyt shooter but they do not carry what I am looking for. The PSE is $469.00

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
HKD, it seems like a good bow, though I cant say for sure because Ive never actually shot it.

They are very short at 30" ata, and they seem to have a lot of reflex, but they do have a decent brace height. It would probably make for a really nice hunting bow. I assume you will be shooting it with a release aid, because that bow is no good for fingers. Other than that, it seems like a really nice, short, lite bow.

A major plus is, I like the grips of the PSE's, pretty thin and torque free. Although that one may have the thicker full grip? I dont remember.

By the way it has the new NRG Hybrid cams right?

If you can, I would try shooting a few bows too....Always best to try a bow before you buy it.

Hope this helps, Good luck---Matt

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If you want a lite hoyt look at the sierratec, its only a little over 3#

Even the xtec and vtec weigh in at 4#.

What does the Firestorm weigh?
High country makes those carbon riser bows, they weigh next to nothing.

A bow that is too light is gonna dance around alot on the target you know. My bows actually weigh close to ten pounds fully rigged. Im not sure what is wrong with your shoulder, but hopefully nothing too bad. Maybe you can rehab it. Hope it feels better---Matt

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Shawn, My Hoyt Vipertec is only 32" axle to axle, and its light, but I guess it all depends on what you want to spedn, cause my bare cost over $600. But Pse is a goos bow, I had a Pse Stingray before I got the Hoyt last year.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got a great deal on a High Country PL28mag. I have shot this Bow in the past when it firts came out and I was keeping a group the equaled my Hoyt PowerTecII. My left shoulder is blown out from a MotorCross accident and it makes hard to hold a heavy bow up I start to shake after 30 seconds. I like the short bows and some say they are inaccurate but I think the Brace height on the bow has allot to to with it on the short bows. Here are the specs on the PL28mag.
Price $239.00
Cams - XD/XL
Limbs - 12 3/4” Strt
Idler - Standard
Axel to Axel - 28”
Brace Height - 7”
M [no swearing please] Weight - 2.9 lbs
Let-off - 65-80%
Peak Weigh - 50-60-70
Draw Lengths - 25", 26”, 27”, 28”, 29”
Camo - Skyline Apparition Excel

PSE Firestorm Lite Spec's