New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow's the day fellas that I get my prostate removed because of cancer. the surgeon is using the da vinci robot. so hopefully it go's ok. I am nervous to say the least and not looking forward to using the cathera. I am just glad they caught the cancer before it spread into my other organs. Be well , Be safe and get your prostate checked. Cancer Sucks !

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
A friend of mine had that done about 5 years ago and he is doing great. It's amazing what they can do these days. Will be awaiting your post after the surgery. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Good Luck! I had Prostate Cancer 7 years ago.I went for radiation treatments for 9 weeks.It kicked my ass! The Cancer is gone but I'm not the same, even with Meds I piss all the time now.
I hope your treatment comes out better then mine! Speedy recovery!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the surgery in 2001; just caught it before went outside prostrate. the PSA test was clue that needed to do biopsy . biospy showed cancer. got 2 opinions, eventually went to fox chase in Philadelphia. Still Alive!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the robotic assisted surgery in January in Hackensack. If you want to hear what's ahead send me a PM and I will share my cell #. 15 years of erratic PSA#'s and 3 biopsies they finally found it. PSA can yield false positives, but they have to simply dart the right spot to find the cancer. PSA's 4 to 20 up and down over the years. For anyone facing the results, get the book Dr. Patrick Walsh's Guide to surviving prostate cancer. No Doctor will tell you what to do, but tell you to make a decision after research and let them know. Bizzare!

Happy to share my ongoing experience.

Be Well!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I had the robotic assisted surgery in January in Hackensack. If you want to hear what's ahead send me a PM and I will share my cell #. 15 years of erratic PSA#'s and 3 biopsies they finally found it. PSA can yield false positives, but they have to simply dart the right spot to find the cancer. PSA's 4 to 20 up and down over the years. For anyone facing the results, get the book Dr. Patrick Walsh's Guide to surviving prostate cancer. No Doctor will tell you what to do, but tell you to make a decision after research and let them know. Bizzare!

Happy to share my ongoing experience.

Be Well!

Wow you sound exactly like me but they haven't found it yet, 3 biopsies 1 MRI but never over 10 PSA down to 5 now.
Have a great doctor here in the Princeton area so time will tell.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE : I am still alive and I had a tough recovery . after the surgery I wouldn't wake up. blood pressure dropped , and I had very shallow breathing. thankfully I woke after 5 hrs, but still wasn't out of the woods. blood pressure was very low and my body wasn't producing enough oxygen. they check my lungs , heart and everything else and could not find the cause. the surgery took twice as long because my prostate was twice the normal size. putting a lot of pressure on my bladder. so I have 5 holes in my stomach with staples and catherler . I am starting to get more energy back and I am happy to be cancer free. Thank You everyone for your kind words . God Bless

1 - 20 of 24 Posts