New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Readington Township -- The township will again seek bids for deer hunting on municipal land. To try to reduce the deer population, the Township Committee entertained bids from hunt clubs for access to seven publicly owned properties. While one of the clubs, Flemington-Raritan Gun Club, was the high bidder on four tracts, the group decided it only wants to buy access rights to one property. The high bid on a Pinebank Road property was rejected because it didn't conform to bid specifications. That access won't be re-bid immediately because a resident raised concern about the proximity to homes. According to Township Administrator Vita Mekovetz, the committee will discuss on Monday whether it still wants to offer that property to hunters. The meeting is at 7:30 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The three properties "returned" by Flemington-Raritan Gun Club will be re-bid, with offers due Thursday, Oct. 27 at the Municipal Building. They are: 62 acres on Cole Road, 65 acres on Pleasant Run Road and 84 acres on Route 523.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It looks to me like there is POLITICS involved here. You don't bid on four properties and outbid everyone and then turn around and only take one. The cherry on the cake is that the township Administrator would allow something like this to happen. When you outbid someone is either you take it all or nothing. Flemington Raritan is a very powerfull club with a lot of money in the bank, I smell a bad fish here. To top it all these land is prime land, I know that because I go by there every time I go hunting.
My point here is that, you don't put in seal bids and get outbid by someone else, and then have the bidder turn around and only take what they want. Why din'd the township give the land to the next higher bidder???? get my drift here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts