New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well tonight, my siberian husky was walking around and i noticed his behind was bleeding...i think it was maybe a tick that busted but i cant find it because of all his fur...do you think something like a rectal tear or maybe a tick in the rectum is the reason why there is blood? anybody think they have an idea of what is wrong with my dog?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
get him checked out by a vet, he may have a anal sack infection, it happens quite frequently with male dogs, you should notice some sort of lump or bulge by his A-Hole. Sometimes the vet needs to drain these. Maybe this will help you out, good luck

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Mack first off take him to the vet. Second, does he drag his butt on the ground too. If so it most likely is an anal sack infection. My old dog had them all the time. There is a gland back there that creates fluid. When it bothers the dog they will drag there butt on the ground. You can get rid of it my squeezing the area around the rectum and it will come out. Caution, don't squeeze too hard or you get it in the face.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Maybe it's me, but I'd take the dog to the vet to have his/her sack drained. I've personally watched my ex's dog have this done and it's something I wouldn't care to do myself. And man does it stink!

David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts